kingBIRD: Body

Body


I am currently obsessed by trying to persuade the material to tell stories and reveal what is hidden inside it. One of my focus points is to merge the liveliness of performance and the 'weight' and sculptural qualities of the material- to make it come alive. Bringing out the best of these two processes and leaving behind, empty gestures and static and enclosed formats and shapes. 

I am going to tell you much more about these things.
  • The first picture is the remains of a performance I did. The objects are all sculpted on my body, since I'm very interested in traces I am probably going to pay a lot of attention to these left-overs.
  • The picture in the middle is a still from the Danish director Lars Von Trier's Antichrist. Although, I have mixed feelings about my Nordic legacy - I am interested to find out more about with which traces it has affected me. They say it is good to read the book, so you know what you are burning - and as I will find out which ones to let go of and which ones to save from the fire I will let you know.
  • The last picture is also from one of my performances, this one was inspired by Faust. My aim is to make the sculptural process beautiful in itself and limit the distance between the artist and the sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment