kingBIRD: Butterfly Valley: Permanent Installation II

Making templates for the plaster mould



I flew to Denmark to start on the installation Butterfly Valley. I arrived late evening, had dinner and went straight to bed. Next morning, I started to work. Everything has to be made from scratch, moulds and everything and I need to adjust to other peoples studios. I love to visit and work in my friend’s studios, although I don't have my tools and stuff, and materials have to be bought as well. It takes some planning to be on top of that. It looks like I'm trying out this planning in the picture below. If I'm succeeding is more
questionable.

I drew some butterfly shapes on tracing paper and scaled them up with a good old-fashioned-analogue method (I should almost make a tutorial, how that is done correctly). Not, that I would decline a printer or a photocopying machine next time, but sometimes it’s just easier done by hand.

Then I cut up the outline of the butterflies in foam board. Tomorrow, I will use them to form plaster models of the shape I want for the butterflies.




No comments:

Post a Comment